We are searching for an Advanced Linux administrator who knows Linux inside and out. This candidate will have exceptional administrating skills, problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic.
The position will require you to support clients located in the United States and requires at least 4 hours of overlap with the client hours. The person will be required to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
Technical skills should include experience with:
- Administrating Linux servers, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or similar);
- At least 3 years of recent experience of Linux administration;
- Managing dozens of Linux servers, preferably hundreds;
- Linux Shell and/or Perl scripting skills and experience of writing small and middle size scripts, preferably large scripts;
- Familiarity with configuration of Linux network services such as SSH, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTPD, RSYNC, etc;
- Understanding of network technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, bonding, VLAN;
- Understanding of Unix/Linux architecture and components such as kernel, driver, boot process, filesystem, LVM, process, task, executable, etc;
- Ability to communicate with people of various backgrounds including users, vendors, and support personnel.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities;
- Non trivial projects;
- Participating in technical decisions;
- Competitive salary;
- Daily status meetings and Scrum based working methodology.